Monday, March 06, 2006

"I heard you had a cute one..."

That's what the second nurse said as she whisked into our room to start off her shift with us. "I'll have to take a good look at him in a minute." She scurried about her tasks, taking my vital signs, dispensing my pain meds, and checking on "the site." "Now, let me take a look at your little one," she said. "Oh, you two should procreate more regularly." We agreed with her that we managed to spawn a beautiful child. But we're biased. What can we say?


This is Jackson at 8 days. I wouldn't have guessed that he would look like this. I was so confident that all my genes would dominate over Mr Recessive Genes. But Ian's genes held their own. Jackson's hair is the color of Ian's roots, he has the same cowlick on the right side, and just the hint of a future of male pattern baldness. The ruddy skin is Ian's as well as the little mouth. I can only claim his nose and the dark eyes. I can't really say he looks Chinese at all. But we'll have to wait and find out what the future brings. In the meantime, we just fall in love with him a little more every day.

Clarice

6 comments:

Sandra Vahtel said...

He looks like he's plotting world domination in this photo. In a massively cute way, though.

Anonymous said...

He is SOOOOOO cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

yes, world domination in a mini-me of clarice and ian sort of away! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

he tends to always place his hands on his head...I bet he's gonna grow up to be a deep thinker...you can already see it on his brows. can't wait to meet him in person soon!

Anonymous said...

That's a great pic. I love the expression. He looks so alert. It looks like you do have a thinker...or did someone just take his cap? Congrats Ian & Clarice!!!

Anonymous said...

hey, he is already doing stunts. he is patting his head while rubbing his tummy.