Thursday, August 10, 2006

Jackson Pollack

Today Jackson explored painting by using his body. He was moving his arms up and down.

That's the note that was on today's pink sheet, our daily report of Jackson's activities. And this is the picture we were given.


I went to pick up Jackson for the first time on Tuesday. His teacher sat down with me to report on his day. "We finger painted today," she said. I had to stifle a laugh. I mean...really! He's not even 6 months old. What's he going to paint? She continued on. "Here are some pictures." Then I laughed out loud. This time because it was so darn cute. But now that I'm looking at his works, perhaps I laughed too soon. His style is somewhat reminiscent of Jackson Pollack's. Not so angst-ridden, but look at how he chooses to blend his colors. I think we have a budding artiste here.


Clarice

5 comments:

Jules said...

Oh that is priceless! I love those pictures of Jackson finger painting! I know he just started there, but I already think that daycare is fantastic :D He already has painting experience!

vanessa said...

That is soo cute! Looks like Jackson is putting his heart into painting. And he's always looking at the camera too!

Sandra Vahtel said...

HAHA! Oh sorry, was that too loud? I love the purple hands!

TheNeedyMother said...

Ok first reaction: Hm, ok, am I the only one concerned about babies and paint together?!

second reaction: I don't care, that's too cute.

CARRIE ARCOS said...

Love it! Aiden considers himself an artist as well...