Monday, January 15, 2007

Camera Play

This is the new toy Ian bought me for Christmas. I had been thinking about getting into photography for a while. I come from a family of photographers. My paternal grandfather was a great photographer. He shot on a camera that was completely manual (of course, this was in the early part of the last century). My dad inherited his eye and started shooting digital shots a few years ago. You can see his images here. One of my distant cousins, Ted, also picked up some kind of photographic gene. And it even extends to those who marry into the family, my cousin Melanie's husband, Bob. So it's time for me to pick up the family tradition.

One of the most enjoyable things about our train ride from Atlanta to Los Angeles, was having abundant time to experiment with the camera. Click here to see some of our favorites. I think most of these shots are Ian's. But I have some pretty good ones in there too.

Happy viewing!
Clarice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! merry Christmas! i've had a d70 for about 16months now--lovin it. and i highly recommend this accessory:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/beta/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=207373&is=USA&addedTroughType=search

TheNeedyMother said...

Claw, loved what you said in the Welcome 2007 entry. Love moves this world to radical change ... and sometimes it is just done with a smile. I hope that you take up all the seemingly trivial impulses that God puts on your heart to love. God bless you,my sister.