Monday, April 09, 2007

Madness

In the past 3 weeks I've traveled 6000 miles and witnessed a miracle.

I went to New Orleans for a meeting and left my boys home alone for 4 days. They were unscathed when I returned. 3800 miles.

Came home. Unpacked. Rested a day or two. Repacked.

Then the whole Ian Eyre family went up to Seattle together. Four days on the train, three days on the ground. We were all unscathed when we returned. 2200 miles.

But the event that started off the the crazy 3 week period was the miracle. Christina got married. I don't mean that it's a miracle that Christina finally found someone to marry her. Or that it's a miracle that Christina found a man worthy of the amazing woman she is. I don't mean either of the two extremes people think of when you say that it's a miracle that an individual got married. The whole institution of marriage is somewhat of a miracle. In this day and age, what is it that compels us to think we can stand before family, friends, and God and pledge lifelong commitment? That promise is a miracle.

Now I just wish I could stop for a moment and enjoy the richness of the mad life I've lived these past three weeks.

Clarice

No comments: