Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bella


Have you heard about this movie? My pastor has mentioned it in church twice after having met with the filmmakers. After viewing the website I've learned that the filmmakers wanted to promote a life-affirming message. The conservative blogosphere is excited also. The townhall.com home page had two columns about it. Click here and here to read. Another one here added on 10/26.

It's opening this weekend with a limited release. Here's to hoping it will gain some traction at the box office. Ian and I are going to try to see it on Saturday. Any babysitters available?

Clarice

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the director and his wfe, ali landry (doritos girl, mario lopez's ex) met in Bible Study.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on this movie. I looked into it and totally want to see it. I'm gonna make my best effort to make it out this Friday.

Anonymous said...

check this out:
terrible!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

Anonymous said...

We got to see the movie Sat night...my favorite part was the latin connection there with the actors, story and director. I liked the movie, great story, well done but I still don't like how it is getting pushed on a political issue basis.

TheNeedyMother said...

ok, I liked the movie, but I need to point out the elephant in the room cos I'm a girl: First time Eduardo, the lead actor appeared on screen, I really thought- wait, is that real?! ;)e

CLEyre said...

Oh, I know, M. I was also looking to see if the facial pelt was fake or not. But then I got distracted by the eyes. Sigh...um...reminded me of my husband's...yeah.