Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My President

Congrats to Obama on becoming my president. According to Romans 13, God has placed him in this position of authority. I pray for him regularly, especially for his journey as a Christian and his search for a church for his family to worship at in Washington. I pray for his family as they find new friends and community in their new environment. I have many doubts, but I'm also hopeful and expectant, trusting in God foremost and the power of the checks and balances built into our government process to limit the most extreme policies. I will give him the benefit of the doubt because I believe he is teachable and has a desire to let God transform him daily into a person more like His son Jesus. God bless you Mr. President and God bless America.

2 comments:

TheNeedyMother said...

Amen, Mr. Obama is now our nation's king and he is to be prayed for and revered to that extent!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Obama is NOT king. He is an elected official, albeit the highest official of the land. He is to be prayed for, but not revered as one normally would revere a king. Also, I am not quite sure about his 'Christian' stand. I think he may be a cultural Christian, not a true Christian in the sense of repentance and conversion etc etc. (to quote what one of my relatives said). All that aside, this president at this time in history desperately needs true Christians to pray for.

auntie Linda