Monday, July 20, 2009

Spelling

Jackson's been working on his letters lately. He can recognize almost all of the letters with great confidence and can write about half of the letters with some prompting. But we didn't think he had grasped the concept of spelling yet.

So tonight I was pleasantly surprised. We were talking about what he should write on a note to a friend. He told me what he wanted to write, then excitedly exclaimed, "And then I write Love, J-A-C-K.......ummmmm." I wasn't expecting him to make it that far, so I only wanted to offer a hint. "What goes ssssss?" "Oh! I know!" he exclaimed. "Snake-K-R".

It's a start.

Clarice

2 comments:

mel said...

hey Clar, did you get the chance to try starfall.com?

It's free, fun, interactive, if you don't mind Jackson sitting in front of the computer a few times a week.

Ethan already knows all his letters and sounds! (i think mostly from leapfrog, but partially from this program)

CLEyre said...

We started using starfall last week. Jackson loves it! Thanks for the tipoff.