Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Choose Insanity

At the beginning of every year, our church holds a Leadership Advance, where we hear of the theme for the year and plan our goals. We went yesterday for an inspiring, invigorating day. This is the key Scriptural passage for the year:
2 Corinthians 5:11-15

11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience. 12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13 If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. 14 For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. 15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

Our pastor, Erwin, wanted to emphasize the goal of being immersed in the love of God, so crazy in love with Him that it almost seems insane. So the theme for this year....I choose insanity.

I'm generally not that into the idea of choosing insanity. That is, insanity as a medical condition. But this appeals to me. This is not true insanity. It is the kind of life that is not understood by the world we live in, but was the original intent of our Creator. This kind of insanity fits with the desire Ian and I have to pursue the abundant life, to live the way God intended for us to live.

So, even though it seems crazy to me, I am making it a goal to disclose more of my thoughts on this blog, to share what I am learning on my journey toward the abundant life of insanity. And hopefully to gain some feedback about my progress.

I know it sounds crazy, but I choose insanity.

Clarice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clarice,

Looking forward to reading your comments, thoughts and ideas. I am sure it will inspire and help me to move that way too. We are planning to be in LA starting in Aug for the school year. It will be nice to reconnect.

Grace,
Matt

Lynne said...

Whoo-Hoo! I love the idea of the Insane Eyres! I can't wait to see how this pans out in your lives this year!