Monday, April 10, 2006

Our son, the lima bean

Silent for over a week. Wasn't sure quite how to top Ian's last post. Can't top it. Happy not to try to top it. Elated that my husband has committed to fathering in such a way. Makes mothering much easier. So how about something completely different...

Ian's been talking about how Jackson looks like a lima bean. I wasn't quite sure what he was talking about. Was he referring to color? To shape? To texture? Finally, he explained that there was a Veggie Tales movie about Jonah where the Ninevites, who were (apparently) fish-slappers (I don't know what that means), were portrayed by a special cast of lima beans. So here's the photographic evidence.




I'm somewhat convinced, although reluctantly. What do you think? Jackson the fish-slapping Ninevite lima bean?

Clarice (the lima bean's mama)

7 comments:

Sandra Vahtel said...

I thought he was a monkey!

CLEyre said...

He's also a monkey. We're trying to cover the whole animal, vegetable, mineral thing. For mineral, we've decided on Yuksporite, which is Hydrated Potassium Barium Sodium Calcium Titanium Silicate Fluoride Hydroxide.

Jules said...

I don't think they are lima beans. If you see "Joshua and the Big Wall", they are French Peas (they have a french accent, heehee). So you maybe the mama of a french pea.
-Juli :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, there is a look-alike. BTW, he's gotton a lot bigger since we saw him last.

Anonymous said...

Ian is right! Jackson does look like a cutie lima bean. =) He is so.....adorable in the pictures. I bet Jackson is even more cute in person.

TheNeedyMother said...

Yep, as Blue-J said, they are French Peas - hence the snobby accents :)

CLEyre said...

Hmmm. So he's our little French Pea? I think I like french peas better than lima beans, but "Jackson the french pea" doesn't have the same ring to it. I guess Ian's going to have to work on getting to know his vegetables so we don't have such disappointing events in the future.