Monday, May 29, 2006

Spring Onion Squash

I had a really weird dream the other day. I usually don't remember dreams, but this one stayed in my memory after I woke up. The dream started with me somehow being in charge of a bunch of prisoners. Apparently they were low risk prisoners, because the prison looked like a barn, with each inmate housed in a stall in the barn. They were all dressed in street clothes instead of prison garb, so don't ask me how I knew they were prisoners. Then for some reason, I took off all my jewelry and left it on the windowsill of one of the stall/cells because I had to go hang out with the actress Clare Danes, who was working at some kind of cosmetics store. Huh? After hanging out with her, I went back to the barn/prison to check on the inmates and I realized that although my necklace and watch were still there, my engagement and wedding rings were missing. So I yelled at all of the inmates and threatened to feed them food that would make them gassy as punishment (perhaps my subconscious mind sympathizing with my poor little boy boy, who screams as if tortured when he has gas). After interrogating each prisoner, I find my rings, which have simply dropped out of sight near where I originally left them. Then at the end of my shift, I go home and find Ian feeding Jackson his first meal of baby food. I'm a little peeved in my dream, because Jackson is 3 months old and I've read that most parents wait until their babies are 6 months old before starting with semi-solid food. Then I ask Ian what kind of baby food he's feeding the baby. He says that it's spring onion squash. First of all, what is spring onion squash? Does it even exist? Second, who would put onions in baby food? And third, why in the world would I actually remember that? So that's my weird dream. Any dream interpreters out there who can tell me what kind of madness my sleeping mind has cooked up?

Clarice

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no interpretation, but you should get that treatment over to Fox right away!

CLEyre said...

Hey Lilia! Great to hear from you from your East Coast vacation. Also great to hear from you too, Gray!!

Anonymous said...

Boy, I am amazed that you remember that dream in such details. This dream is going to require a 'Joseph' to interpret. I give up! Very very interesting though.

Anonymous said...

Hey, after I re-read your entry, I came up with this equally-weird interpretation:

The 'prisoners' are your dental students. The 'barn' is the UCLA dental school. Being a new mother, you may be a little absent-minded trying to balance family and work life, thereby losing your rings. When you went home and saw Ian feeding Jackson that onion-squash, your were peeved because you still have a tendency of not trusting anyone else to take care of your boy boy except yourself, not even Ian. So how is that for fun??

CLEyre said...

Wow, Auntie Linda! That's pretty insightful. I don't know if I want to admit that your interpretation might be pretty close.