Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year all! Can you believe it's 2006? So much to look forward to this year!

Ian and I had an interesting New Year's celebration. We started New Year's Eve quietly with dinner at home. I spent some time going through my 2005 journal (as is my tradition) to try to figure out some themes upon which to build this coming year. Ian went to the airport to pick up a friend and stopped by another friend's New Year's Eve party on the way home. Around 11:00 PM, two other friends joined us to spend some time praying for the New Year. I'd never done this before, but Mishabomb was inpired by someone else. Honestly, it was a great way to bring in the New Year, inviting God to shape the coming year.

After midnight, we went to my old home to greet some of my old roommates. Then came the hijinks...SandraV can describe the celebratory activities that followed much better than I in words and image. Click on over to see. I can say that it brought to LA an Atlanta tradition for Ian, involving flammable substances.

On New Year's Day, we headed over to my parents' home for another extended clan gathering. This dinner brought together around 25 relatives from both sides of my family.

Yummy Chinese dinner prepared mainly by my mom
One highlight was pulling out the old hymnals and singing good old fashioned hymns, led by my parents and my musical cousins Amy and Bonnie (both single and available), and accompanied by my Aunt Linda.
Entertainment was provided by the children of two different cousins. These kids were just delightful!
Hope your New Year's celebration was just as splendid!

Clarice

No comments: