Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Business Travel

I love traveling. I love seeing the diverse terrain and cultural environments of this world. Whenever we travel, I can't stand staying in. I want to see as much of each new city as I can.

I just got back from a trip to Dallas. I was there to take a Board Exam. I flew out Sunday afternoon and came back last night. I was gone only 38 hours. Besides a walk to get lunch at a sandwich joint half a mile away and a shuttle ride to the testing center a mile away, I never left the four walls of my room.

That was my second trip to Dallas this year. The first was in April for a dental meeting. I only left the hotel once - to go on a guided tour to Baylor Dental School.

Business travel holds little pleasure for me. I didn't even want to explore more of the city. For me, something as fun and enriching as travel must be a shared experience. But, oh boy, is traveling a challenge with two little ones. So we'll have to wait a few more years before Ian and continue in our goal to visit all 50 states and 6 of the 7 continents. Here's our progress so far:



create your own personalized map of the USA
or write about it on the open travel guide



create your own visited country map

Clarice

No comments: